iMac G3 and iLife 08

Reaction score
Hello all. I am a little stumped and am somewhat new to Mac issues. My wife is the true Mac user and I am getting up to speed. We have a brand new Imac and actually just purchased a G3 at a garage sale for $25 this past weekend. I am constantly hogging her Imac for video editing, and I was trying to load ilife 08 into the new/old G3. I have learned that my G3 does not have the memory to load ilife 08. Is there a way to load only imovie 08? If not can I purchase a memory upgade for it? If not, what is the latest version of Ilife? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

OP
M
Reaction score
Not real sure

I am not sure which G3 we have. All I know is it is old and the feedback from the Apple store is that Ilife will simply not work on any G3's which I find a little hard to believe as I am sure they would have prefered I buy a new computer. I am concerned as I have heard that with all the greatness of the Mac, and greatness over the PC is truely greatness, that the mac updates frequently and the Apple company policy is to not really offer extensive support for older machines forcing you to constantly buy new computers.

Reaction score
Your Imac has a Power PC Chip and is not Intel. What OS is on the Machine, as iMovie 2 is what it runs.

Reaction score
If you have a beige G3 you might have problems. If you have a Blue&White G3 you can run at least imovie 6, maybe better.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.