How much is this Macbook worth?

Reaction score
I am going to sell my Macbook... it was purchased in February of this year. It's in almost mint condition, but I don't know what it would be worth. Originally (before i upgraded the ram from 1GB to 4GB and before all the extras) it cost about $1600. I want to sell it as a package, but I dont know where I should set the reserve price or what I should advertise as the asking price... don't know how macs hold their value. There's nothing wrong with it, I just bought it to finish grad school and I'm finished now.

Any ballpark numbers?

Macbook Black
2.2GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
4GB 667 DDR2 SDRAM
250GB Serial ATA @ 5400rpm
SuperDrive 8x DL
has Leopard, does not have AppleCare

i would probably include:

Apple bluetooth keyboard
Apple bluetooth mouse
Extra battery (black)
VMWare Fusion
Civilization IV

I know this stuff would cost about $2k from the Apple Store but what about in resale?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2.2GHz Santa Rosa Macbook Pro - 4GB Ram - 120GB HD OS X Leopard - Windows XP
I would guess (it's just a guess ;)) around $1,200 to $1,300...
How is it cosmetically...

OP
M
Reaction score
cosmetically it's fine. it's never been dropped and there aren't any scratches or anything.

there's a tiny little rough edge on the lid, on the corner where your fingers would touch when you open it (above where the indentation is on the bottom part of the case) but I couldn't even capture it with a camera. in my opinion it's almost perfect

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" i7 iMac 2.8 Ghz, 1TB, 8GB RAM | 13" MBP 2.53Ghz 320GB HD, 4G RAM | iPad 2 64GB+3G *WHITE*
i want a black book so bad.. but i think i need a MBP i am going to school for graphic design and i need that graphics card wish i could get a MBP in Black...lol

Reaction score
Blogging about good deals on apple stuff. Come vi
i want a black book so bad.. but i think i need a MBP i am going to school for graphic design and i need that graphics card wish i could get a MBP in Black...lol
You're in graphic design - do a cool skin for the macbook pro!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" i7 iMac 2.8 Ghz, 1TB, 8GB RAM | 13" MBP 2.53Ghz 320GB HD, 4G RAM | iPad 2 64GB+3G *WHITE*
lol i just start this degree on the 18th...lol
i was going for architecture for 1.5 yrs and i decided not to finish it... just not the market i wanna be in... i do drafting the architects and engineers.. and the market just sucks... so i changed to graphic design..

OP
M
Reaction score
put it on craigslist for local buyers

well it's already on ebay and has bids, so i'll sell it there...

I can't stand selling things on craigslist, it's overrun with shady people. i can't tell how many times i have sold something and said 'price firm' or they agreed to my price beforehand and they show up with less money, thinking i will take a lowball offer just because it's right there in front of me.

sold a bicycle on craigslist that the price was listed as "$1,000 firm", made sure they guy knew that on the phone, and he still showed up with $800 then got angry when I said no. What part of "firm" did you not understand?

Sorry. :) /rant

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i hate stupid people..

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.