First time using an iMac today...

Reaction score
New here . Switched from windows today... How do I open the browser wider? Where do I find a beginners tutorial? thanks shearoc

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Welcome to the forum. Hope you enjoy your new iMac and have fun. As for a beginner's tutorial, you really don't need one. If you've switched from the world of Windows you'll notice that things are done a bit differently. However, Macs are intuitive and easy to use so any transition should be easy.

This forum is a great place where you'll find answers to most questions you might have. The folks here are friendly and always willing to help.

A tip: Use the search feature of the forum, it's a handy tool.

Regards.

Reaction score
There are a number of good sites, and this is a great place to start. I would recommend one of David Pogue's "Missing Manuals" as a good resource. There is some good info info in the iSwitched link in my sig and switchingtomac.com is also a good resource. Just google switch to mac in your browser, which, by the way, you resize like all windows on the Mac... by dragging the lower right corner of the window.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.