Boot Camp GRRR!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro, 500GB HDD, 8GB Ram / iPhone 4 32GB / Nano, Touch & Classic / iMac / Apple TV / iPad 64
Guys,

Did the bootcamp install using a SP1 disc (by accident, disc in wrong box) install went fine, it booted into windows.

Then i couldnt get the disc out (windows disc) as obviously none of the drivers were installed, so i restarted and ejected dicc, then did the restart again to try and boot back into Windows (using the option key).

It didnt work.

So it went back into OSX, went into settings, and boot camp and clicked 'windows' then 'restart' - it booted into Windows.

Now as I dont have a late enough version of installer, none of the drivers will install, and when i restart the Macbook it is booting straight into XP.

How do I get it to boot back into OSX so I can remove the partition and use the correct XP disc to install all over again?

Help appreciated.

Alex

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Reboot your machine and hold down the "Option" key at the same time. Select OS X to start up. After booting into OS X, run the Boot Camp assistant once more. Select "create partition", "restore". The Windows XP SP1 partition will be erased and the entire disk will be returned to OS X.

Start over with Boot Camp - but this time use the correct version of XP. :)

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.