iPhone 3G Volume

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.6GHZ, 8Gig iPhone, 160Gig iPod Classic, 16Gig 3G iPhone Black
So I finally got my 3G iPhone today (I got suckered into Direct fulfillment instead of going to my Apple Store)

I was talking with my girlfriend as I usually do at night with my bluetooth piece, and she said I was really quiet. So I hung up, called her back, no change. I restarted my phone, and called her, no change.

Now I had an original iPhone, that I moved to my work number. I called her on that with the same ear piece, and she could hear me just fine.

Has anyone noticed their new iPhone being quieter on the other parties receiving end? Im thinking of doing an RMA because its pretty lame that she cant hear me without shouting.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
My iPhone 3G sounds great. No complaints regarding call quality, either on my end or the person I'm calling. The new iPhone is being touted as having better call quality, so you're certainly experiencing an anomaly.

You might want to try performing a restore, but if that doesn't solve your problem, then you might need to get it replaced.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2.2GHz Santa Rosa Macbook Pro - 4GB Ram - 120GB HD OS X Leopard - Windows XP
You said you get low microphone volumes when using the bluetooth earpiece?
Does the same thing happen when using the iPhone without the earpiece?

OP
H
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks Kash. I have noticed when using the iPhone that the call quality is MILES above the old. Very very happy with that. Ill try a restore tonight, and if that doesnt solve it, ill call apple....though im wondering how long an RMA would take....I ordered my iPhone July 21st, and had to wait till yesterday for it to come in, so im probably looking at the same time for an RMA?

Please weigh in if you've had to RMA your 3G iPhone...Im curious as to the turn around time

OP
H
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
You said you get low microphone volumes when using the bluetooth earpiece?
Does the same thing happen when using the iPhone without the earpiece?

Just the bluetooth piece. Iv re-paired it, and am going to do a restore tonight and see if that fixes it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook (refurb), 1.83 GHz Intel Core Duo, 2 GB Memory, 60GB HDD
Did it fix it?

I constantly have to repeat myself when using my iphone. It's so frustrating!

OP
H
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sorry about ignoring this thread.

It hasnt been fixed. Iv exchanged my iPhone because of the screen not responding, and its still an issue. My father has a 3G, and we tested it. Whenever I am speaking, if his microphone is picking up sound, it pretty much makes my sound on his end turn off. Same on the vice versa. We both have plantronics bluetooth pieces, different models however. Im hoping that its not the brand...maybe ill go buy a jawbone and see if that is the issue.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.