just a question ...

A

aliciaie

i recently purchased a 2004 ibook [as in last wednesday, haha]. having never owned a mac before, i'm still in the process of learning how to use it, and i'm not exactly the best at locating programs [or deleting stuff for that matter, but that's a totally different problem]. my question is, is my ibook enabled with a voice recording program? i think i see a little mic in the upper right-hand corner of the screen but i'm not even sure about that. a stupid question i know, but i've had no luck finding out on my own thus far ... so i turn to you guys!

any responses would be great. thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro, MBP C2D, iMac G4
The ibook has a built in microphone, but no voice recording software built in. I have seen a program called i speak which lets you talk to your mac. Its really intuitive, it actually learns how you pronounce your words and gets better at undertanding you.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Greenredfield said:
The ibook has a built in microphone, but no voice recording software built in. I have seen a program called i speak which lets you talk to your mac. Its really intuitive, it actually learns how you pronounce your words and gets better at undertanding you.
Not really correct:

In the 'speech preference pane' you can enable voice commands for your iBook that will let you access certain functions using your voice.

But I think he was referring more to simple voice recording?
Check versiontracker.com for simple voice recording apps.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
a good app is quickvoice, you can even record audio played from an outside source onto your mac with cd quality in it.send voice emails, et. its very cool, and mac like.
here: http://www.quick-voice.com/quickvoice/

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.