Transfer data via bluetooth?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac 2.4 Intel C2D, 4GB RAM
does anyone know a way to transfer data via iphone bluetooth? cos with my old SEricsson phone i was able to send contacts via bluetooth but it does not recognise my iphone.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MBP unibody
Yeah, I have been able to pair my iPhone w/ my MBP but no luck so far in transferring data.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.5ghz, 4gb/r, 200g7.2krpm
I know its not currently possible due to software limitations, but does anyone know if the bluetooth hardware supports the bandwidth data transfer would require?

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
I know its not currently possible due to software limitations, but does anyone know if the bluetooth hardware supports the bandwidth data transfer would require?

It depends on what kind of data you're looking to transfer. I know OS X supports data transfers to cell phones, at least for things like photos and MP3s. It's not the fastest thing in the world, but it works. Not sure that I'd want to transfer a few gigs over it though.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 17" 2.6GHz 4GB RAM
It's actually pretty easy- what I do is choose to have the Bluetooth icon in the menu bar. Then, pair your devices, click on the icon, choose your device and Browse it. Then you can easily copy files to and from it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MBP unibody
It's actually pretty easy- what I do is choose to have the Bluetooth icon in the menu bar. Then, pair your devices, click on the icon, choose your device and Browse it. Then you can easily copy files to and from it.

When I click on the Bluetooth symbol up top, then click on "iPhone" and it brings me to the settings screen, it says I am paired but not connected.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MBP unibody
Oh, and when I try to browse device it says it does not have the necessary services.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
The iPhone doesn't support BT data transfer.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.5ghz, 4gb/r, 200g7.2krpm
All I was thinking was using OS X's Sync program via bluetooth for my Calendar without using iTunes each time. I rarely ever would need to sync with itunes if I could sync up iCal separately.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
All I was thinking was using OS X's Sync program via bluetooth for my Calendar without using iTunes each time. I rarely ever would need to sync with itunes if I could sync up iCal separately.

I understand, but the phone will not do it. It has nothing to do with iTunes or your Mac.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
baggss is correct. While you can certainly transfer files via Bluetooth to most phones, the iPhone does not support file transfer via Bluetooth.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.