Problem Installing OS X

I

idlingmike

I've already searched on this forum as well as google with next to no references to my specific problem so any input would be much appreciated. The hardware is a Powerbook G4 667 w/ 512mb. CD's are Panther 10.3.2. I get past the language selection menu and that's about it, the next thing that happens is is the following....

Essentials cannot be installed on this computer.
Your computer is not compatible with Mac OS X 10.3.

The install log shows the following...
kern.boottime =
Launching the installer
Mac OS X installation Log
Opened from: /System/Installation/Packages/OSInstall.mpkg
Hardware Model: PowerBook 3,4 @ 667 MHz. 512 MB
Running OS Build: 7D28
Installer Language: English
Installer[118] ("-AppleLanguages","(English)","-NSDisabledCharacterPaletteMenuItem",YES)
Requirement: <requires "certain InstallationCheck criteria"> FAIL for context root none, domain 0
Requirement: <requires "certain VolumeCheck criteria"> PASS for context root none, domain 0
Requirement: <requires "certain InstallationCheck criteria"> PASS for context root none, domain 0
Requirement: <requires package:com.apple.pkg.iCal != (null)> PASS for context none, domain 0

I can get to the disk utility and can repartition/reformat. I've tried Journal / non journal'ed options and with/without OS 9 support.

Thanks for reading....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
did you repair permissions before attempting to install? that probably would have done it, the installer was reading receipts on your hd, these may have had bad or incorrect permissions causing the installer to do this.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.