2 iPods & 1 iBook

K

kjellquist

So my wife just got her 4G iPod and I have had my 3G for over a year. Is there a way for me to copy music from my iTunes Library to her iTunes Library? I am unable to just copy/paste the album folders to her Library or Desktop. Is this music protection of some sort?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
do you mean your library on your mac to her library on her mac, or your ipod library and her ipod library?

OP
K

kjellquist

I mean we are users on the same Mac but we don't want the same Library. I want to copy album folders in my iTunes Libary folder to her iTunes Library folder.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
the only way I can think of to do that would be to set both ipods to manual update, so it doesnt read the library, you just drag and drop what you want on the ipod in itunes and thats it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G5 DP 1.8 160 Super Drive 17 " Display
kjellquist said:
So my wife just got her 4G iPod and I have had my 3G for over a year. Is there a way for me to copy music from my iTunes Library to her iTunes Library? I am unable to just copy/paste the album folders to her Library or Desktop. Is this music protection of some sort?

I am in the process of doing this as I am replying to your thread. There is a great progrmam for $5. It is called ITunes Library Manage version 4. You create 2 librarys call one Husband the other Wife or whatever. When you invoke ITLM it asks you which one to load. On the top is the library name.
Works great!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.