Such a hard choice to make...

S

sivp

iPod..or iPod mini
iPod mini..or iPod

It's such a hard choice.. I want a small iPod so that it's a little easier to keep in my pocket at school and for traveling etc....

But 20 gigs on the iPod is very attractive for a small price difference...

Any one got any suggestions and pros and cons..

I dont want the photo one though, i'll use it for music mostly..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
go for the 20 gig, the ipod isnt that big and fits in my pocket easily, or you could buy a belt clip and keep it on you that way.

OP
M

mangoSharingan

Have you personally had a look at the 2 iPods yet? The iPod really ain't that much bigger and heavier than the iPod mini and for a little bit extra, you are getting 5x more storage.

OP
S

sivp

Thanks guys, now i'm definatly going for one of the ipods 4th generation I beleive it is....

Probably the 20 gig version, cause I want to get some accessories along with it..

Now i just have to wait until my birthday :blind: not fair.........

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
sivp said:
long ago, there was a batt problem in like the first 3rd gen ipods, but now you can buy replacement batts, or extra ones, or longer lasting ones. and the problem is no more.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro, MBP C2D, iMac G4
I think the ipod mini is too small, Id be afraid of losing it, plus none of the colors really appeal to me...

OP
S

sivp

Greenredfield said:
I think the ipod mini is too small, Id be afraid of losing it, plus none of the colors really appeal to me...

I also like the bigger screen, i can't see very well and i hate glasses or contacts.. LOL :cool:

OP
S

Spaniard

Go for 20GB. No harm having the extra capacity. You never know when you might need it when your collections start to increase. If you get a mini, you will crying for more capacity in future.

Reaction score
I went from a 3G 10gb to a mini, I haven't regretted my decision. I just don't have that much music so there is no reason I would want to carry around a bigger iPod.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook 12", 1.33GHz G4, 1GB DDR400, 32MB Radeon 9550, 80GB HD, OSX 10.4.9
Get an iPod.

Price per gb on 20gb iPod 4G, ~$20 Canadian.
Price per gb on 4gb iPod mini, ~$85 Canadian.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook | 1.83ghz | 2gb ram
Here's a tip for when you get your iPod. Don't touch it. Don't breathe on it. Don't even look at it, otherwise it will get covered in scratches.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro (early 2011) 2,2 i7, 4 GB RAM, 750 GB HDD, 1 GB ATI 6750M, High-Res AntiGlare Screen
Macman said:
go for the 20 gig, the ipod isnt that big and fits in my pocket easily, or you could buy a belt clip and keep it on you that way.

i cant agree more...
do it!!!
i did.... :D
and i friggin love...

i always thought:
well.. 4 gigs are enough.. but after having my ipod 20 gig for 2 days my music collection tripled its size... :D

so now im glad i got the 20 gig

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.