Decision on new mac

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powermac G5 Dual 1.8GHZ 250GB Hard Drive 516 MB RAM
Hey all, new to the site and want to get opinions from experienced users. I'm currently making music on my 1.8GHZ Powermac G5 and had to replace several parts recently. I've been thinking of upgrading and putting my current setup in the group studio. I'm debating whether or to get a new 20-inch 2.66 GHZ iMac or go all out with the Mac Pro. I'm not doing any hardcore recording with say, Pro Tools, just production with Reason 4.0, Garageband, and recording with Cubase. Can anyone vouch for the new iMacs? cause the price is appealing. I'd also be doing album covers with Corel Painter, and new games like Spore. Thanks.

Reaction score
Definately don't need a Mac Pro I don't think.

I made a thread about a similar choice, only between the 2.4 and 2.66 GHz iMacs. I went into the Apple Store and they said that even the 2.4 should be more than adequate for that sort of thing, although with 2GB RAM. Just something to think about?

OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powermac G5 Dual 1.8GHZ 250GB Hard Drive 516 MB RAM
Good lookin out on the input. I agree, the macpro does seem like overkill, the imac should work great for what i need. thanks.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.