• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Rock Band?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 17" 2.8 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo: 4GB 1067 MHz DDR3 (Antiglare)
Hey everyone :)

I'm new to the Mac Forums community so if this is in the wrong area of the forums, let me know and I can re-post in the proper spot.

I'm a big fan of Rock Band, a video game for next-gen consoles that allows you to play along to popular music with plastic instruments. For those who haven't heard of it and are interested check it out at www.rockband.com. They have a great community over at their website.

Anyway, for those who do know and play it I figured I'd throw this thread up to talk about future games, songs, post scores and compare and what not. Also I wanted to see if anyone else plays on the 360.. if so we could post our gamertags (your xbox live name) and all play together online!

I'll start off:
Ziiehlehs - Gamertag
Xbox 360
Drums- Expert
Guitar- Expert
Vocals - Expert
Bass - Expert

Anyone else play? :)

Reaction score
in other words, everything=expert lol
i play it but dont own it. :( i would have bought it if harmonix hadn't gimped it for the wii. anywhoo i'm going to wait for gh:wt even though i don't like how they ripped off from harmonix. (and don't anybody say rockband ripped off from guitar hero because the people who started guitar hero made rockband.) but i play frets on fire on my mac now. it's better in my opinion because it has like 1000+ songs (including all rockband & guitar hero songs) that go beyond guitar hero's level of play. and i can play it with my wii guitar. u should check it out. :]

OP
Zeels90
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I love Frets on Fire, I used to play it on my Windows laptop, but for some reason on my mac it won't work. I double click the icon to start it up and it just leaves me at a black screen. And I'm with you on GH:WT but I also want Rock Band 2. I'm a total junkie. But yeah if I could fix FoF I'd totally play it :\

OP
Zeels90
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Oh my god that looks so cool. Why dosent mine work? :(

OP
Zeels90
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yeah but which file do I download exactly?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook--2.4ghz--4gb RAM--250gb HD__iPod Touch 8gb
that looks awesome
might download thanks for link

Reaction score
Yeah but which file do I download exactly?

the first 2, part 1 and part 2. here are some more screens, & links to music (you need to register for music, but it's free!)

Guitar Hero and Rock Band Songs, GH 1, 2, 80s, 3, Aerosmith and RB:http://www.fretsonfire.net/cgi-bin/ikonboard.cgi?act=ST;f=5;t=5619

pupetz hero 3 (tons of awesome incredibly made songs):http://www.fretsonfire.net/cgi-bin/ikonboard.cgi?act=ST;f=5;t=27219

screenmodla4.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook--2.4ghz--4gb RAM--250gb HD__iPod Touch 8gb
nice screenshots

OP
Zeels90
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Wow dude I'm doing it right know, I'll let you know if it works!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4Ghz MacBook White 2GB RAM
I have Rockband for PS2, but I don't play much anymore. Meh. I plan on hauling it to college. I can only sing expert [on most stuff], do drums on medium [occasionally hard] and guitar the same as drums.

I can't get Frets to work right. It loads and all, but I can't hit the right keys or something. I think I need to turn off my function keys...I don't know.

Reaction score
yeah, if you go into settings, you can remap your keys to, say, 12345.

OP
Zeels90
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Oh man I'm loving this. Just need some more songs. Thanks Poi

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 20" iMac
Thanks for the Fretsonfire link!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 20" iMac
I've no idea how to choose a song to play. Can anyone help me? I've tried to get a song but it doesn't show up.

Reaction score
once you have a song, you have to go to the application "frets on fire" and right click on it. click on show package contents. then you'll have to navigate to
contents>resources>data>songs

put your songs in the songs folder and if there is no songs folder, make one.

OP
Zeels90
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yeah I got some going, where do you download yours from?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.1GHz Core 2 Duo | 1GB RAM | OS X 10.6.3 | 250GB External HD | 8GB iPod Touch 1st Gen 3.1.3
awesome!!I used to have FoF for my PC, but since I got GH3 and switched to Mac, I forgot all about it.

Reaction score
my songs? if so, from those links i showed you before. i hardly play the gh1,2,3 ones anymore. go to the fretsonfire fan forum, and register. they have tons of songs, and the people who create the best songs have started to create their own tier based games.

Here's a list, it includes where to find puppetz hero 1,2,&3, christian hero, frets on fire hero and much more! (and btw, if you play on expert i suggest getting puppetz hero 2, because all of the songs are crazy fun)

http://fretsonfire.wikidot.com/packs

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.