Stupid dumb keyboard shortcut question

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini 2.5 i5/16Gb/500Gb/Radeon 6630M-256MB
Ok, here's the dealio, I have moved my iTunes collection from my main PC to my lil wee Mini.....now I have to recreate my Road Tunes playlist (the original from the PC is long long gone thanks to change in hardware and a format or three) Now, I was able to on the PC start selecting songs while holding the CTRL key to highlight as many as I wanted to add to the playlist clicking songs one by one til I had say 30 selected at once and in a few clicks Add those say 30 at a time to the list in one fell swoop, anyone know the Mac command to pull off the same thing if it's possible ? TIA !

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, iPod Classic, 8GB 3G iPhone, Time Capsule
I think you need the Command (Apple) key for that. Select what you want then create a playlist from selection, or drag them to an existing one.

Or click, hold shift and click to select whatever is between the two you clicked on, which is the same on a PC I think.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 17" 2.8 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo: 4GB 1067 MHz DDR3 (Antiglare)
Got your solution :)

You could A) Select a block of songs by clicking the first song, holding shift and then click the last song you want. This will select the first and last song, and all of them in between. They can then all be dragged wherever you want.

B) Your second option, and the one I think you wanted can be achieved by holding the Apple / Command key and clicking all the songs you want while holding this key. This will select all the songs individually and not the ones in between. Perfect for making playlists!

Hope I answered your question :) *edit* Looks like Ska beat me to the punch :p

OP
N
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini 2.5 i5/16Gb/500Gb/Radeon 6630M-256MB
Thank you Zeels.....that's the ticket.....in the Windows world, I could do that with the CTRL key.....then once I had a bunch ready, it was just a right click and "Add to Playlist. then select which list I wanted it to all go to....which is my Road Tunes list, as I have an interface box for my car stereo, I use my iPod instead of a changer, nothin like having over 1,500 tracks thru the deck's faceplate, but a playlist simplifies stuff.....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 17" 2.8 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo: 4GB 1067 MHz DDR3 (Antiglare)
Glad I could help you out friend :)

Edit... If I did? I re-read your post and I'm not sure if I totally addressed your issue. Did I?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
white macbook, core 2 duo 2.1 ghz, 1 gig ram, 120 gig hdd, a machine of wonder!
the command key is pretty much the same as the ctrl key on windows, most of the important shortcuts are the same eg, cmd+t, cmd+c, cmd+v, etc.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.