Can't delete a file with Darwin!!!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
IMac 2.8GHz Dualcore 24'' / 2GB SDRAM / Snow Leopard 10.6.1 / external HD LaCie 500Gb
I try to empty my thras can with the window media player folde in it, and it don't! So I tried to delete it with darwin, and there' what it says:

Last login: Sat Dec 18 13:10:39 on ttyp1
Welcome to Darwin!
[modemcable115:~] xxxxxxxxxxxxx% rm /Users/avanos/.Trash/Windows\ media\ player.app
rm: /Users/avanos/.Trash/Windows media player.app: is a directory
[modemcable115:~] xxxxxxxxxxxxx%

Somebody can help?
B.

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
To remove a directory/folder, use the rmdir command or use rm -r. Be very careful when you use the minus r option.

OP
bellastrada
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
IMac 2.8GHz Dualcore 24'' / 2GB SDRAM / Snow Leopard 10.6.1 / external HD LaCie 500Gb
I realy can't get rid of this @#$%$ Folder!

There's the Darwin:
Last login: Tue Dec 21 18:55:44 on console
Welcome to Darwin!
[modemcable076:~] XXXXXXXXX% rmdir /Users/avanos/Desktop/Windows\ media\ player.app
rmdir: /Users/avanos/Desktop/Windows media player.app: Directory not empty
[modemcable076:~] XXXXXXXXX% rm -r /Users/avanos/Desktop/Windows\ media\ player.app
override rwxrwxrwx avanos/staff uchg for /Users/avanos/Desktop/Windows media player.app/Contents/Resources/French.lproj/HelpPages/HelpPages idx?

And when I try to put it in the trash again and try to delete it , it says that everything is lock. And when I try to open the **** folder by double clicking, it says that : THE OPERATION COULD NOT BE COMPLETED. AN UNEXPECTED ERROR OCCURED (ERROR CODE 1000)

B. :mad:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
do a get info on the folder, and in the ownership tab, make sure everything is se to read & write, then do the same with the folders contents.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.