reformatting XP

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook air, pro ipad air
I have tried the search, maybe using the wrong words ? so thought I would ask here.

I have XP home installed through bootcamp. This has been running perfectly for 6 months. I now have the 'blue screen' on windows. I have tried everything from check errors through to a full virus check but windows will not stay open long enough to complete any lengthy action. I have tried going back in time but none of the restore points will work. I feel the only action is to reformat.

As the disc is already partitioned (FAT 32 GB) can I just go ahead and insert the XP and reformat, or do I have to start the whole bootcamp sequence again, if I do then i take it I have to delete the previous partition. What makes it worse is that my XP is in Spanish (genuine) and of course my Spanish is ugh !

Thanks for any help.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 inch 2012 Air
windows xp has a repair option i would try first. boot from the xp install disk like you were going to do a fresh install and choose repair instead.

oddly enough the repair feature works decent.

only after that fails would i do a complete reinstall.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook air, pro ipad air
Thanks for the reply, if you are still about, should I load the drivers again from leopard after doing a repair, (methinks yes but not sure)

Thanks

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.