No sound!!??!?!

F

Fomer

My speakers aren't making sound anymore? It just happened yesterday. Yes the volume is turned up. I tried turning it off over night and still nothing. There is sound however with the use of headphones.

Is it possible there is a keyboard command I accidently entered that mutes your speakers? Or anyone have similar problem?

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
Do you hear anything when you boot or reboot your system?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro, 2.16Ghz, 1GB ram
Fomer said:
My speakers aren't making sound anymore? It just happened yesterday. Yes the volume is turned up. I tried turning it off over night and still nothing. There is sound however with the use of headphones.

Is it possible there is a keyboard command I accidently entered that mutes your speakers? Or anyone have similar problem?

I have a similar problem on my powerbook. Can you tell me how you solved the problem. What was the problem? Thanks.

OP
D

Desolate One

Wot's your setup? I have my iBook connected to the Video 1 channel of my receiving unit. Do you have a similar setup and if so do you have it set to the correct channel? We may need more information to assist you.

OP
J

Jefe3223

Hi guys. Two things:
1) Agreed, more info would be good.
2) I have a thought (it's only a thought, I'm not saying it will work), but I downloaded a program, some time back, that is a sound splitter (router). What it does is bring up a menu that you can use to adjust were and what you want coming out of your speakers. Ex) you want music coming out of the headphones, but not the main speakers. Stuff like that. Now, I've never tried it, but you can download it for free at http://rogueamoeba.com/detour/ .

Like I said, though, I've never tried it, but it might be worth a shot if you're getting sound out of one port but not another.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Desolate One said:
Wot's your setup? I have my iBook connected to the Video 1 channel of my receiving unit. Do you have a similar setup and if so do you have it set to the correct channel? We may need more information to assist you.

I'm sorry, I misread your first post. In my case, there is no sound from the internal speakers, or using the headphones. Anyone have an idea what it may be? I tried repairing permissions and the usual...I'm thinking it might be the logic board.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" | MacBook Pro 13" | Mac Mini 2GHz C2D
did you try your f4 or f5 key, i know it is silly, but just asking

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
lol. Yes i tried that. Thank you for your reply though.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
When strange things like this just happen, no harm in tryin this: Reboot in sngle user terminal (reboot with Apple + S) And in there type /sbin/fsck -fy until there is no more **File system changed** reply - After which a typed restart reboots to normal (or type exit)

OP
A

abiejas

Exactly same problem - did you find a fix

Fomer said:

I am having exactly the same problem with my Powerbook G4. I tried calling Apple care and they seemed to think it was a hardware problem with the speakers but it seemed to happen when my 3 year old son pressed a combination of keys !
Did you find a fix for your problem ?
Thanks,
abiejas

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
Maybe launch Garageband? I worked for me one time.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
My issue was my logic board! Needed to get that changed and it cost me 300 bucks! :eek:neye:

Not necessarily the same issue with you though.

OP
A

abiejas

iaminvincible said:
My issue was my logic board! Needed to get that changed and it cost me 300 bucks! :eek:neye:

Not necessarily the same issue with you though.

Thanks a million for your reply. Didn't work by trying Garage band. Mine is still under warranty (Thank God). Looks like I better send it in to the workshop !

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.