Cleaning LCD Screen, how?

C

code777

Ok, I've read so much on this but everytime I attempt to clean my iBook's screen, i get streaks and well there are marks that refuse to come out. I'm afraid the more I try to clean the screen the more damage I am doing to it. So, what is the best way to clean the iBook's screen, what do you use? thanks!

OP
D

Desolate One

I haven't tried it yet but my local Apple store sells disposable screen cleaning wipes. May just pop in to see wot they're made of and then pick up a cheaper alternative.

OP
C

code777

i guess it bothers me there are streaks and stuff after i clean the screen, i mean its not like i can see them when the display is on... and the more i try to clean the LCD the more I feel like I'm ruining it. Someone told me to try and not to clean the screen often as it will ruin it within time, any truth to this?

OP
L

Lasha

I have a regular LCD monitor and I use a soaked-and-squeezed bounty to wet the screen, I get off the ugly spit marks or whatever is on it, lol. And then I use a try bounty right after that to get the wetness off. Remember, only use enough wetness to let the water stick to the screen, and not drip down.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook G4, ipod nano, ipod video and a whole lotta love
I just bought some yesterday for my ibook, they are called "monitor wipes" by Dust-off, they look like a baby wipe container, 70 for 7 bucks, and they work. They were at best buy

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
just wipe your screen carefully with a damp, soft cloth and you should be fine...
Works for me at least...

OP
C

code777

hey i bought some overpriced monster iClean and wow, the stuff WORKS! crystal clear! can i use this stuff on the outside of the iBook?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.