Best printers? and trouble with printer I have

Reaction score
I am potentially in the market for a new printer. I do a lot of printing of photos, but I'd prefer to have a scanner/copier option as well. Which is the best printer for compatibility with the mac?

Right now, I have the Epson Stylus CX4800 - I like the photo quality, but it seems ever since I hooked it up to my iMac my ink seems to run out a lot faster than it used to. I used to have an option to continue printing, but I cannot do this. I feel like there is a lot more ink in the cartridge than the computer is telling me...

Is there any options for me?

Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini 14.3, 8.1 & 4.1, OS 13.5, 10.14, & 10.11 & 10.6; Macbook Pro 8.2, OS 10.12.
I am potentially in the market for a new printer. I do a lot of printing of photos, but I'd prefer to have a scanner/copier option as well. Which is the best printer for compatibility with the mac?

In a word - Canon! The PIXMA MP series. There are four reasons:
1. They work readily with Mac
2. The software is good to use
3. They do a good job
4. They're economical with ink.
http://www.usa.canon.com/consumer/controller?act=ProductCatIndexAct&fcategoryid=178

I too used an Epson, an 800, for about 8 years. It did a good job, but ink usage was too high. Then along came the multifunction machines and Canon had the best reviews of affordable printers.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.