Burning Speed Optimization?

Reaction score
Hello,

I run a rafting company and we take photos of all of our rafting trips and deliver them via CD at our office. So I have to burn a lots of CDs really really really fast.

So here is what I am going to try to do:

I have a mac Pro dual 2.66 with 4 gb ram

I am going to use a sata PCIe card with port multiplication to control a 5 bay sata enclosure. In the enclosure I have 5 samsung dvd/cd burners (48x on CD)

and I am using roxio toast to burn. I basically copied the toast APP 7 times and will run each one with a corresponding CD burner.

What can I do to make it go at the full 48x?

I currently am running two burners in the internal optical drives but toast tells me they average about 3-5x so I was hoping to get a bit faster.

What can I do?

thanks,

tren

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Purchase top of the line media. Look around for the best or do a Google search. In order to get 48X out of anything, the media has got to be able to sustain it.

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.