Google Maps is frozen

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MBP unibody
So yeah, trying to go back into my Maps and search but it's frozen on the last location I pulled up. I can not click on any options on that page; the phone number, the website, directions to/from here, or not even back to the main maps page. Any ideas? I really don't want to restore and start over!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2.2GHz Santa Rosa Macbook Pro - 4GB Ram - 120GB HD OS X Leopard - Windows XP
Open the application.
Hold the home button for around five seconds, or until the app closes.
Relaunch the app.

This is kinda a fore quit for the iPhone...

OP
IZVERG
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MBP unibody
... and I'm good! Thanks for the tip.

Reaction score
Home Button Didn't work

I have had trouble since Sat. I was using google maps on iphone, went to another application, turned phone to sleep mode. When I turned my phone back on to use maps, it was frozen in a screen I had looked up previously. Ik just tried to use the method which I read about with going to maps and holding the home button and then returning - NO LUCK!

The rest of my iphone works great. This is the old model from when the iphone was first released.

Hope there are some other options because I use the maps function quite a bit!

I already tried restoring my iphone right before this post. It wasn't too painful.

Reaction score
Google Maps Frozen on iPhone 8

Out of the blue, I went to Google Maps and it was frozen. I followed the suggestion from 2008: Hold the Home Button down for FIVE seconds. It worked! Fyi, force closing or uninstalling the Google Maps app did NOT work...

Reaction score
Google Maps Freezing on iPhone 8

Update: Just went back to Google Maps and its frozen again. The fix, above, did NOT work. Help!

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
Reaction score
Ian,

Thanks for sharing the tips. Yes, I’m up-to-date with all iOS and Google Maps app versions. I have also rebooted my phone and uninstalled and reinstalled the Google Maps app at least twice. I’m not crazy about option #5, Erase all content and settings. That’s not worth it to me as long as my Waze app continues to work. I am able to use the mobile version of Google Maps in my Safari browser without any issues.

What are the odds that this is just an attempt by Apple to ween us off Google Maps; pushing us to Apple Maps...?��

Ray

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.