• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Do you still use Windows? Don't use Trillian for instant messaging.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Okay, I use Trillian for MSN on my Windows PC. Never again!! My girlfriend signs on to MSN, I say "hi babe". Trillian complains that the message cannot be delivered, and to re-open the chat window". So I did that. Leah says "hi". Yay! I say "hi" back. The message cannot be delivered!!

I keep saying "hi" and "hi baby". IT WON'T DELIVER THE BLOODY MESSAGE!!
She starts to sound a bit cheesed off. "So are you going to talk to me or not". "Oh my god". Then she signs off.

I WAS TALKING TO HER. I COULD RECEIVE HER MESSAGES. THE TRILLIAN WOULDN'T DELIVER THEM!!!

I AM NEVER GOING TO USE TRILLIAN EVER AGAIN!!!

Everyone here, NEVER use Trillian for MSN!!!!!!! I want EVERYONE here to boycott it NOW!!

EVERYONE REMOVE TRILLIAN MESSENGER FROM YOUR COMPUTER NOW!!!!!!! :Shouting: :Shouting: :Shouting: :Shouting: :Shouting: :Shouting:

Sorry, I'm just REALLY mad right now. :Shouting: :Shouting: :Shouting:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 21 inch
do you know her phone number?

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
So... no one should ever use Trillian again because you ran into a problem in one instance, on one occasion. Please explain this logic.

Reaction score
That is odd - I used it for years when I had Windows and never had a problem. In fact, I was very impressed with it.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
MSN not too long ago made a Change to the service if I remember right. Do you have the latest Trillian?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MBP, High Res, 2GB Ram, 2.4Ghz processor Core 2 Duo
What's wrong with actual MSN?

Or Windows Live Messenger as it is now know?

"/

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4Ghz MacBook White 2GB RAM
How old are you? Seriously, you could just call her or text her. How does she know you hadn't just stepped away from your computer?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.6GHz Core i7 15" MacBook Pro - 8GB DDR3 SDRAM - 750GB 7200 RPM HDD - GeForce 650M GT 1GB VRAM
As much as I dislike Trillian for its bloat (I think Miranda IM is probably the best option on Windows), this one bad experience you had isn't particularly good justification for boycotting the product... also, your girlfirend needs to learn to lighten up. One of the great advantages of instant messaging is you can step away from the computer and people won't get offended that you're not returning their IMs.

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
i to have had problems with trillian since msn did it's last update a few months back. have all the updates, and security updates for XP, etc.

trillian would not only not deliver an inordinate amount of times, but would crash multiple times over the course of a day.

i switched to miranda, and while it is a raw, bare bones, open source app, there is some real active support for skins and such (although quality and ease of use/adding skins is spotty). it has been pretty rock solid, only really missing a message here or there when our work network is being flakey - and usually it does tell you when it can't deliver something - it also tells you when someone tries to message you offline, which i think might be one of the things blowing up trillian.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G3 - You'll be missed.
Dude, use pidgin.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.