Dual monitors with *old* cinema displays and G5

Reaction score
I have a 3 year old g5 and just recently purchased another cinema display. This is the OLD cinema display...the bulky, heavy one encased in gray/clear plastic. Well, I cannot figure out (and the guys at the apple store didn't know) how I add this second display to my g5 desktop. Both plugs will not fit in the back of the g5 so I'm guessing I need some sort of adapter but I don't know the names to order it. Both displays have the same end, with press in notches on either side to insert for power.

Is it a ADC to DVI Adapter?

Can someone help me?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Sounds like a CRT display with ADC (Apple Direct Connect)? If so need to purchase a ADC/DVI plug, about $99 at the Apple Store.

OP
L
Reaction score
yikes, *ouch* $99! haha, only paid $75 for the CRT! There are other ADC/DVI plugs I've seen but not sure if this is a standard device or??

Newegg has some for $20-$30.... if thats the same plug you're talking about?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
No! It is a big, complicated box with mains power lead, USB lead and third lead to DVI connector on computer. The cute little $30 thingos are the other way about. and do not take mains power etc.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.