Question about iPhoto start up

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2002 iBook
I have an iBook that I bought back in 2002 (not entirely sure anymore which model it is.) Anyway, I have OS X 10.4.11 now (not sure if that matters). The system works great. When I first bought the iBook, the latest OS was OS X and it came with iPhoto. I'm aware now that with the newer versions you have to buy iLife.

My problem comes when I connect my camera to the computer, iPhoto automatically wants to load up and I sit through about 2 minutes of iPhoto trying to load only to have it 'unexpectedly quit'. I don't use iPhoto anymore to download my photos, but I want to turn off the automatic start up. How do I do that? Thanks a lot in advance for any help.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro
Click iPhoto in the menu bar and chose Preferences. In the General tab there will be a menu for "connecting camera opens:" choose what program you want to start up when you connect your camera. If you dont want anything to open, choose no application.

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2002 iBook
I tried doing that. I can't get iPhoto to do anything but try and load and then "unexpectedly quit". I click on it and I get the hourglass that says it's loading, then I can't hit preferences or even use the keyboard short cuts to get to the preferences. I have to sit and let it load, the computer won't do anything else, I can't even switch to another application while iPhoto is trying to load. Any other thoughts on what might be happening or what I might be doing wrong? Thanks again

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro
I'm not sure how to fix the iPhoto problem but the only way i know to stop iPhoto from starting up is to go to another photo uploading program (like Kodak Easyshare, Adobe Bridge, etc) and make them automatically startup with the camera is connected.

I never had a problem like this with iPhoto so im not sure how to help.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.