DFU mode

Reaction score
I am trying to restore my iPhone, but it keeps giving me an error 6 message. Apparently this means the iPhone is not in DFU mode. However, no matter how many times I try, I can't seem to get it into DFU mode and get it to restore properly.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Paul

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
Have you ever used any unlocking method on it in the past?

OP
P
Reaction score
Yes. I updated to 2.0, tried to unlock it, and thats when my problems started. I've just got the picture of the USB cable with an arrow to the iTunes logo on the screen, but no option for emergency calls.

OP
P
Reaction score
Ok, I've been fiddling, tried to restore it to 1.1.4 using an older version of iTunes on my iBook. It was going well, but now I've got error 1015.

Is my iPhone completely screwed or is there anything else I can try?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
Of course it's screwed. You used unsupported unlocking software that is known to result in bricked iPhones when trying to upgrade the firmware.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP Unibody 2.53Ghz 4GB RAM 250GB HD,VERIZON iPhone 4,SIG P238 ,iPad,6th Gen iPod NANO
Yes it can be restored ...If you can't unbrick your iphone your doing something wrong PM me and I will talk you through it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 GHz MacBook Pro SR
It can always be fixed. DFU mode makes the screen completely black. If you have any kind of images on the screen you did not do it correctly.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.