Weird Keybaord Problem...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Imac g3 333mhz Rev. D 190mb Ram 10.2.8 Bondi Blue
Im new to mac so please bare with me if I dont know some stuff. I have a 333mhz G3 with 192mb ram running Jaguar 10.2.8. I took apart my original apple pro keyboard G3 to clean it... All the keys work apart from my "f" key. I can Get capital F but no non capital f. In key caps utilty it shows im pressing the f but nothing appears in the box. It will only work if I use shift. If I use caps lock nothing happens yet still shows the key as bieng pressed. Any Ideas towards my problem? I might have pressed a weird combination or something?

Thanks For Your Time.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, 2.2 GHz, 4GB RAM
DawVideos,

Try a re-boot, see if that helps.

Noel

OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
DawVideos,

Try a re-boot, see if that helps.

Noel

Rebooted many a time nothing. It isnt my main machine but itd be nice to have the "f" key.

-Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
DawVideos,

Have a look here: http://www.ifixit.com/ and see if you can look at the keyboard install on your machine... maybe you'll find where the problem occurred. Maybe a replacement key or keyboard if you can't otherwise get it fixed. Looks like a hardware, rather than software, problem...

Noel

OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
DawVideos,

Have a look here: http://www.ifixit.com/ and see if you can look at the keyboard install on your machine... maybe you'll find where the problem occurred. Maybe a replacement key or keyboard if you can't otherwise get it fixed. Looks like a hardware, rather than software, problem...

Noel
I actually had to reinstall osx and now it works :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Oh yes, and you could re-install OS X :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.