Newbie here with a couple of questions

Reaction score
Hello all! I have been using a MacBook Pro for about 4 months now and really love it. This is my very first Mac, I am 43 years young and of course have some "re-learning" to do. Here are my questions. Thank you all for any help you can give me.

1. When running my itunes on the radio mode no matter what I do with the screen saver and hard drive settings it seems to run about 20-30 minutes and then stops. It seems to last longest if I shut down Safari. How can I keep it from turning off?

2. When I "view all" bookmarks, is there a way to automatically put them in alphabetical order? I can't figure it out.

3. I have read some about the heat issues on these laptops. Mine is new and when I first got it I never had a problem with the bottom heating up. The last 2 months it sometimes gets VERY hot when I use it and sometimes it does not. Doesn't seem to matter whether if it's on battery power or AC. Any thoughts?

Thanks again!!

Rob

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
NOTE: Moved to the Switcher's Forum. This is not a comment, suggestion or request for site support.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Hello all! I have been using a MacBook Pro for about 4 months now and really love it. This is my very first Mac, I am 43 years young and of course have some "re-learning" to do. Here are my questions. Thank you all for any help you can give me.

Congrats and welcome to the forums, Yambor.

1. When running my itunes on the radio mode no matter what I do with the screen saver and hard drive settings it seems to run about 20-30 minutes and then stops. It seems to last longest if I shut down Safari. How can I keep it from turning off?

Check your settings in System Preferences => Energy Saver. Sounds like this is related to sleep mode kicking in when it shouldn't.

2. When I "view all" bookmarks, is there a way to automatically put them in alphabetical order? I can't figure it out.

I'm not sure that's possible in Safari.

3. I have read some about the heat issues on these laptops. Mine is new and when I first got it I never had a problem with the bottom heating up. The last 2 months it sometimes gets VERY hot when I use it and sometimes it does not. Doesn't seem to matter whether if it's on battery power or AC. Any thoughts?

Thanks again!!

The more intensive programs that are running on it, the warmer the components will get. So, check which programs are running in the background to see if you're running something that's making it run warm. You can get more detailed information using Activity Monitor (Applications => Utilities) and seeing which processes are causing the issue.

Note that ALL notebooks, especially high end notebooks generate a lot of heat. This is why most major manufacturers have stopped referring to them as "laptops". They really aren't designed to be used on your lap.

OP
Y
Reaction score
Thank you very much! I have checked the energy saver mode again and cannot seem to find anything that would allow it to shut itunes down. I also checked the itunes preferences and nothing there it seems either.

Seems so funny/odd to me that on a pc I can alphabetize my bookmarks but on a Mac (which is far superior IMO) I cannot. Weird.

I will keep a check on the programs running on my dashboard. Makes good sense why sometimes it does it and sometimes it does not.

Thanks again for the help. Sorry I put the post in the wrong place. I saw the "support" and assumed it was for this kind of support! :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.