Wall mount G5

J

jcayo11

Anybody considering wall mounting their G5.
I saw the accesory on the Apple store site, and will be getting a G5 in January.
My first Mac, tryign to find out any information I can get.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro & 23" ACD
Edit: Just noticed you are a relativley new Mac-Forums user...Welcome!

This is a great place filled with info, and is a great place to hang out at!

I hope you enjoy your hopefully life time stay!

You should be a bit more specific....I thought you were talking about the PowerMac g5(and I wrote a whole message and then deleted it until I saw your mac specs)..

Wall mounting iMac G5:In my opinion, what's the point? You lose access to the ports, and, It loses that really cool manuverability(sp?)

Reaction score
Good point about loosing the ports... It would eb nice if the ports were pointing in a diagonal position facing down on the iMac. But wouldn't their be enough room btween the "wallmounter" and the iMac to use the ports? I woulnd't trust a wall mount... i'd be paranoid it would fall. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
ApplejustWorks said:
You should be a bit more specific....I thought you were talking about the PowerMac g5(and I wrote a whole message and then deleted it until I saw your mac specs)..
He posted it in the iMac forum so he was fine

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
ApplejustWorks said:
Wall mounting iMac G5:In my opinion, what's the point? You lose access to the ports, and, It loses that really cool manuverability(sp?)
so far all Ive heard is that the imac g5 isnt very maneuverable at all, at least in comparison to its g4 predecessor.

Reaction score
Macman said:
so far all Ive heard is that the imac g5 isnt very maneuverable at all, at least in comparison to its g4 predecessor.
It's probably that thick power cord that tightens the movement. It probably jsut makes it hard to move the display with that cord running through the metal stand. Why would you want to wall mount it anyways ?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I have a friend (very wealthy as you will realize when I explain this setup) who did this when they remodeled their house

In his room he has his iMac G5 wallmounted behind his desk. They set it up when the did the room over so that all the cords go straight in behind the iMac and you don't even see them. He has the BT mouse and keyboard so you don't see a single cable around the mac. All of the USB and Firewire plug into an outlet directly behind the computer and behind the desk there is another outlet where he plugs in the actual peripherals (so the printer is on the desk, plugged in behind the desk but the cables are behind the wall)....its a really sweet setup

OP
M

mauly

trpnmonkey41 said:
In his room he has his iMac G5 wallmounted behind his desk. They set it up when the did the room over so that all the cords go straight in behind the iMac and you don't even see them. He has the BT mouse and keyboard so you don't see a single cable around the mac. All of the USB and Firewire plug into an outlet directly behind the computer and behind the desk there is another outlet where he plugs in the actual peripherals (so the printer is on the desk, plugged in behind the desk but the cables are behind the wall)....its a really sweet setup

Any chance of Photo or 2 of the setup, sounds cool!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro & 23" ACD
shaun89 said:
It's probably that thick power cord that tightens the movement. It probably jsut makes it hard to move the display with that cord running through the metal stand. Why would you want to wall mount it anyways ?

actually..Just like the Cinema Displays, the iMac is quite versitile in its position. You can tilt it very easily and smoothly, even with that "bulky power cord"

If it were on the wall, however, you'd have NO Tilt at all

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
mauly said:
Any chance of Photo or 2 of the setup, sounds cool!
Sorry don't have any pictures. I have only seen it once when I went to his house for fall break. He lives in California and I live in NY so I could try asking him for it

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.