Mac linked to TV but no audio

Reaction score
Hi, I decided to buy the cable to link my mac to my TV. I can't remember what the cable is called, but it has an SVHS connector and a yellow (what looks like an audio out cable) Well the TV was Scart only so I bought a cable and connector for SVHS to Scart, and the Mac connects to the TV fine. The only problem is the audio comes out my Mac speakers and not the TV. Now on the back of the scart connector there is a L&R Audio and one of these yellow plugs too. DO I need to buy another cable to connect the yellow plug on the SVHS Cable to mac, or is it some internal setting I am missing? ANy help would be grateful, I am sick of buying cables every day and just want the right one.

Thanks,

D.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
What model of Mac? For example, my MacBook sound output is from the headphone jack (mini jack) to my external speakers. You probably need a separate audio cable in addition to what you already have.

Regards.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15", 2.66GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM, OS X 10.8.2, iPad 1, 80gb iPod, ATV 1, iPhone 5
Yup, you need a separate cable for audio. Headphone jack on one end and RCA on the other. The yellow RCA you refer to is video only.

OP
D
Reaction score
Ah OK thanks, I think I have a minijack to phono, so I will try that. Thanks.

D.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.