New Security Update for Leopard...

Reaction score
Hi,

I just downloaded the newest security update for my macbook pro about 25 minutes ago. After installing it and being prompted to restart, the machine has been frozen on the original leopard background with the swirling rainbow for about 15-20 minutes now.

I'm worried about shutting it off, but when has it obviously been too long and what should I do at that point?

Thanks all.

OP
B
Reaction score
Oh and when I restarted I had the tiny Logitech micro-transmitter for the wireless mouse plugged into the USB. I thought that may have been the problem so I pulled it out 10 minutes ago and the machine is still frozen.

OP
B
Reaction score
Meh, I lost patience and manually rebooted it. When I checked for software updates I had to re-install the update in question and now everything appears to be working fine.

IMO it was probably the USB radiotransmitter from Logitech that buggered it up in the first place.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.