DVD Ripping Trouble

Reaction score
I need to get the video I recorded on my DVD camcorder onto my mac but my mac recognizes the DVD as blank so I can't get the video off the DVD. Is there a better way to get the footage off the DVD or is there a way to make the mac recognize it as a non-blank DVD?:(

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
So your DVD Camcorder records the videos it shoots to a DVD Disc? I wonder if it's a format issue. What brand is this Camcorder? Brand and Model.

OP
S
Reaction score
I was kinda stupid it turns out you have to finalize the disk on the camera first. I should of known that. =q

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Cool and glad you figured it out. Also thanks for coming back and sharing as it might help someone else later down the line!

Welcome to Mac Forums by the way.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 21 inch
Glad you fixed your problem. I had a similar issue with my Sony DVD player recorder when i was copying some old family movie VHS tapes to DVD, finalized the disk but could still not see it on the iMac. Changing to DVD+R allowed me to see the VOB files, convert using DropDV and import into imovie for editing. (i was using DVD-R)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.