Network and Time Capsule disappears while setting-up Time Machine

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, MacBook, Time Capsule & PowerBook G4
I have a brand new iMac, MacBook and Time Capsule.

After setting up my network, I am able to configure Time Machine on the iMac BUT, as soon as I try to do the same on the MacBook, I loose the network, the TC flashes amber and the Airport Utility does not see a devise. The only fix (3 times in 2 days) is to reset the TC by unplugging then plugging back in while holding the reset button.

I suspect the problem is with the MacBook but can’t find a way to fix.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Benoit Trow

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
C'mon Oh Wise Ones - Please help!!!!

I've now lost my entire 4000 song iTune's Library - there a minute ago, now gone?! Luckily, I still have a duplicate on my old 667mhz. PowerBook.

How about this? Save all of my new MacBook's settings, files, etc. via migration assistant transferred to the new iMac. Then, and please tell me how to do this; I restore the new MacBook to its original factory settings. Lastly, I set-up the MacBook as if it were new and, when prompted, reinstall the settings previously transferred to the iMac.

Seems like a lot of work but I’m at a lost. Please tell me what you think!

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
C'mon Mac Experts Please Help!!!

Anyone, anyone?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.