Updating Leopard on my Macbook Pro Windows Vista x64

Reaction score
Just a quick one -

Installed my Vista X64 fine earlier on the Macbook Pro - however I am trying to update the drivers with the Leopard CD in order for the Macbook Pro to be able to connect to my wireless.

Having a problem when I insert the CD and it asks me to install now - however it asks me to get the updates online? Which I'm unable to do since the Macbook Pro isn't picking up the wireless.

Have had a Macbook before and realise I needed to update the drivers with the CD before it was able to to contact to wireless network (that was Win XP)...

Can anyone help? Thanks

C

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Attach an ethernet cable to your router from the MBP and download the updated drivers. Afterward you should be able to configure wireless with the newer drivers installed.

Regards.

OP
C
Reaction score
Okey - installed the Leopard now however after the reboot when it tells me to Windows attempts to install the drivers and tells me it can't find the software on the disc?

So the Unidentified device/Ehternet Controller/Built-in iSight/Unidentified device all come up as "failed"...

Instead I manually downloaded the Broadcom wireless driver - and have been able to connect to wireless...however the MBP is working fine except the sound? The speakers + volume appear to be turned up to the maximum when booted in Windows however is SO low. I am starting to wonder maybe the sound driver didn't install correctly?

Does anyone know where I can manually install the sound driver for Leopard to put on my Windows Vista x64?

Thanks

C

p.s $25 to anyone who can fix this prob :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.