Syncing/backing up times - Longer with 2.0?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro Retina
I dont know whats up with my touch. Back before 2.0 I would plug it in and it would transfer over songs/video in 10 minutes max... but now I plug it in and it backs up and then transfers things and I am lucky to get my touch back in less than 30 minutes. Is anyone having the same problems? Any thoughts on how to speed things up? Thanks in advance guys.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15", 2.66GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM, OS X 10.8.2, iPad 1, 80gb iPod, ATV 1, iPhone 5
Many people are experiencing those kinds of sync times with iPod Touch and iPhone. The only thing you can do is cancel your backup. There is a little button with an x on it at the top of iTunes by the status bar. If you are only syncing music and media you don't really need a backup of that because it isn't included. But if you make changes to home screens and other system prefs it's good to keep a backup. Just let it do it once a day or whatever you are comfortable with.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.