• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

walmart refreshed their logo

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.53 GHz MBP, 4 GB RAM, 320 GB HDD
Its neat and I am glad they are changing it, but they are building a super walmart near me and destroying tons of apple orchard to do it. So that I am not happy with.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15", 2.66GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM, OS X 10.8.2, iPad 1, 80gb iPod, ATV 1, iPhone 5
makes me feel like i'm waiting...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.5/15"/4gb/250sata
Different logo, same small town destruction.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
Not only a logo change, but I guess a name change too. From Wal-Mart to Walmart.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
alienware,mbp,imac(3),blackjack,Hp running macintosh,
Lol

that is like redneck graphic design

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.1GHz Core 2 Duo | 1GB RAM | OS X 10.6.3 | 250GB External HD | 8GB iPod Touch 1st Gen 3.1.3
I bet that logo was designed in China

---

I realize that was an unnecessary comment and shows my ignorance like a bull in a china shop.

But I HAD to say it :p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro, 8GB iPhone
I dont think it's a good change at all.

Reaction score
I have always marveled that some business people think that changing a logo will make people run right out and start buying their product. (and flying balloons over their business during a sale).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13'' Macbook w/ 2Ghz Core Duo, 2GB DDR2, 250GB HD, 10.5.4. iPod Touch.
Good for them I guess. I don't think that it will really affect the size of their customer base.

Then again, they've likely paid consultants enormous amounts of money to tell them the exact opposite, so who am I to know :)?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP w/Intel Core 2 Duo w/Lion, MBA w/Lion, 80GB iPod Video, 32GB iPhone 4, Two 32GB iPads
I don't like the new logo.. I think it looks tacky and cheap.. IMO. I'd prefer they kept it how it is.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 21.5" with Retina 4K Display, 3.1GHz i5, 16GB RAM, 256GB Flash Storage Late 2015
If the new logo is tacky and cheap than it is a sucess, becuase Walmart is tacky and cheap.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M1 Pro - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - macOS Monterey
Sorry, I don't like it.

Not TOUGH AND AMERIKAN ENOUGH.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G3 - You'll be missed.
I think a nice molotov cocktail to the side of their buildings would be a GREAT change! I think it's the much preferred changed, if you ask me.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 160GB 2GB RAM ~ Mac OS X 10.5.4 Leopard ~ Ipod touch 8GB ~ (product red) Ipod 2nd Gen 4GB
If the new logo is tacky and cheap than it is a sucess, becuase Walmart is tacky and cheap.

lol that made me laugh nice ;D

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Different logo, same small town destruction.

I think a nice molotov cocktail to the side of their buildings would be a GREAT change! I think it's the much preferred changed, if you ask me.

Sorry, I don't like it.

Not TOUGH AND AMERIKAN ENOUGH.

agreed with pretty much all of that.

it's as if dupont put a little smiley face in place of their "o" in the early 70s. their supporters would have thought it was nice, and those suffering the effects of thier "products" wouldn't have been swayed.

shop at target - at least the money ends up in my back yard (mn) ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.4 GHZ, 2G Ram, 160 GB HD| iPhone 4
Since they changed their logo, will they start giving equal pay to their employees and stop basing pay on race and gender?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook 2.4ghz/4gigram/sd/leopard
Wow, so much animosity towards a company that puts just about anything you could need in one place, and guarantees the lowest prices. Odd.

I like the new logo, I'm always for changing styles and looks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G3 - You'll be missed.
The prices are "cheap" because they drive everyone else out of business. They most certainly have an monopoly in the retail game. Their business practices are tenebrous, they don't care about anything except making more money and opening more stores. The CEO is a prick, sorry if you like walmart. Maybe read up on them and their practices and then judge how weird it is for people to have strong opinions toward the company and their practices.

To me, it's not weird. I'll keep going to target and meijer, and elsewhere. I have been for as long as I remember, I have never liked walmart and I never will. Other places have cheaper products as well, which I find very funny.

Walmart can burn for all I care, they are right up there with mc donalds and kfc.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac 3.06GHz 8GB of RAM 2TB HDD, 13" Aluminum MacBook 2.0GHz 4GB of RAM 500GB HDD
shop at target - at least the money ends up in my back yard (mn) ;)

I thought it all went to France. Or was I misinformed?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.