help! One month old MacBook outer lip is wobbly on left hand side

Tao

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4Ghz MacBook Black 4GB RAM Mid 2008
Hi All,

My one month old MacBook's outer lip is movable on the left hand side of the laptop, I have just noticed, it looks like the outer lip has two screws at the bottom left hand side but they dont seem to stop the outer lip of my macbook moving when i slightly push it inwards....

Is this a common fault? funnily enough i'm going looking at an iPod Touch tomorrow so I could take it with me....

Has anyone else had this problem?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" PB , 80GB HDD, 1.5Ghz G4, 1.25GB RAM
what do you mean by 'outer lip'?

i know my friend has a Black MB, if you push in on the side of the bottom case, in the area of the ports/plugs, the case bends/goes in with pressure.

I think this is just how they are...

OP
T

Tao

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I mean the 'outer lip' as in the part which seems to sink around the edge of the MacBook, its almost like a few mm strip flows around the outside?

It might be just how they are come to think of it, maybe i've only just realised this, could anyone else confirm this is the case???

Thanks for the feedback, I can relax myself for a moment :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.4GHz, 4GB RAM, 7200RPM 200GB
I just posted a message today about my MBP having the same issue. It's not serious, but when the notebook is closed, you can depress either of the sides and there is about a mm of give on either side. It's weird, but I consider it "ventilation space", since my MBP sometimes doesn't go to sleep when I close it... and my keyboard doesn't smudge the screen, so that's nice :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4Ghz MacBook White 2GB RAM
The left side of mine is a tiny bit looser than the right after 8 weeks of life [according to CoconutBattery]. My only explanation is the suction/pressure from the USB ports, perhaps?

OP
T

Tao

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yeah maybe, it's god to hear everyone elses is the same anyways.

Its a wierd design concept but I guess its one that Apple has chosen and according to another poster has lasted them 18 months and still going strong so i'm happy :)

Now i'm contemplating an iPod Touch I wish Apple didn't make such good products....money money money :(

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.