Spider Solitaire

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Version 10.5.6 2 GHz INtel Core Duo, 2 GB 1067 MHz DDR3
Hey Guys,
Do any of you know where I can get a free version of spider solitaire? Doesn't have to be fancy or anything, just something to play.

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.26 GHz macbook OS X v10.9.5 mem 4 GB 1067 MHz, Ipod Touch 4th Gen, Ipod Nanos 5th & 7th gen,
Not free, just free download & games?

I wasn't going to reply since this post was so old, but since it's still a google result, and I was searching for the same thing 2 years later, I guess it's still relevant.

I was looking for the same thing (my pc has lots of free games preinstalled. Sorry I'm not up to the caliber of the sole free game - Chess, which came with my Macbook pro. I googled and got the same results, above. The download is free (sure, who would charge you for a game & for the download?), but the game itself is a trial version for $14.95. The "buy the game" screen which plants itself in the middle of the screen has no closing option, though it is possible to play a game. More than one game, I can't tell. The game opens to the simplest version of spider solitaire without an option of choosing difficulty level. I deleted the whole thing.

As a new mac user I'm wondering what's the story on the lack of free games? Are we not worthy? Many yahoo games can't be played on a mac, even when using a pc-friendly browser like Firefox. I'm wondering whether I can buy a game on iTunes, add it to applications and play it on the powerbook without having to open iTunes?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini 14.3, 8.1 & 4.1, OS 13.5, 10.14, & 10.11 & 10.6; Macbook Pro 8.2, OS 10.12.

Rod

Reaction score
Melbourne, Australia and Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
Your Mac's Specs
2021 M1 MacBook Pro 14" macOS 14.4.1, Mid 2010MacBook 13" iPhone 13 Pro max, iPad 6, Apple Watch SE.
I know you asked about free spider solitaire but the best Solitaire app for Mac OS I can think of is Solitaire Till Dawn. This app was one of the first and best available for Mac OS and has only recently become compatible with Yosemite and El Capitan. It has many variations including Spider.

Sent from my iPhone using Mac Forums

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Maybe found something as it is eight year old thread Rod.

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
I know you asked about free spider solitaire but the best Solitaire app for Mac OS I can think of is Solitaire Till Dawn. This app was one of the first and best available for Mac OS and has only recently become compatible with Yosemite and El Capitan. It has many variations including Spider.

Sent from my iPhone using Mac Forums
I will be finding this immediately. I have to agree with you. That has to be one of the best solitaire programs I've ever used.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP Retina mid 2015 15.4" 16GB 2.5 GHz OS Monterey; iPhone 12 128gb; iPad Mini 5, 64gb
Spider games are also included in 250+Solitaire which is free.

Has anyone tried Churchill? - devilshly hard.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.