Help! My Ipod stopped working!

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

This may sound confusing but I'll try to explain what happened. I had my Ipod connected to the dock, and I hit it out of the dock by accident. After It fell out I could not get the Ipod off the "Do not Disconnect" screen. So I left the ipod on overnight and waited for the battery to drain itself out. The next day everything looked like it was ok, I turned my Ipod on, and it told me I needed to recharge my battery. I plugged the Ipod back into the dock, I watched the little charging logo come up, and I let it be overnight. Today I try to turn it on and I get nothing, its almost like the battery disconnected itself. I tried to reset the ipod with no luck. I also tried plugging it into the wall (instead of the dock), nothing seems to work. Anyone have any Ideas for me? I would hate to have to send it into apple for a repair, I just got it, and want to have it for Xmas/New Years parties.

- Mike

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
you knocked it out of te dock? wow, when you say reset it, do you mean you held down play and menu until the apple logo appeared? try disconnecting the dock totally from your mac for a few minutes, disconnect the wire from the dock too, then reconnect it, dock the ipod and see if it works, if not, try connecting the ipod straight, not using the dock.

Reaction score
Isn't it Menu and the center button you hold down till the logo appears. It works on mine when it won't respond. Like with the Do Not Disconnect screen.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
no, its menu+play

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.