running airport express and xbox360

Reaction score
So here is the game plan. I am going to run our two mac laptops with the airport express and would like to hard line the xbox 360...so if I run the internet from the modem to a splitter, and then from the splitter straight into the xbox and from the splitter into the airport express.

This way I can run the laptops off the express and still have hardlined internet for the xbox so it runs fast...does this make sense? Will it work? Is there a better way to do it?

Thanks in advance for the help!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15", 2.33 GHz, 2Gb
Um. When you say splitter, what are you talking about? A splitter for the ethernet cable? You can't use a normal splitter (like for cable or a phone line), you need to use a router for what you are trying to do, and I think the Airport Express does that (?). I'm guessing you are referring to a cable modem? In that case, you need to have it talk to only one device at a time (such as a router). Then from the router, you can run a hard line to the Xbox if you want.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.