• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

Moving IMOVIE 08 to IMOVie 06

Reaction score
hey guys
i am using 08 for the first time and i am not too happy with it. i don't want to lose what i have done thus far though. is there a way i can take what i have in 08 and move it over to 06? i am downloading 06 from apple.com right now, but I am not sure how to move between the programs? furthermore, will my effects and what not that I have applied thus far in 08 work when it is moved to 06???

OP
J
Reaction score
okay, its downloaded, i opened 06 and then did File-Open but the movie that I made in 08 is greyed out and won't let me select it...
any help would be wonderful!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid
You need to export that movie. See my 'iMovie Export Guide'. In your case I think you likely want to export it as QuickTime movie using the Apple Intermediate Codec and I think PCM audio.

Why are you not happy with iMovie 08? Like anything new it takes time to learn and feel comfortable with.

If your video came from a camera and is in DV format, than you can natively use that in iMHD (iMovie 06).

Del

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 2xQuad core 2.8GHZ
Why are you not happy with iMovie 08?

Is anyone happy with imovie08? All ive ever heard/read about it is complaints and Apple making imovieHD6 available as a free download is pretty close to admitting they botched up on imovie08

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid
Is anyone happy with imovie08? All ive ever heard/read about it is complaints and Apple making imovieHD6 available as a free download is pretty close to admitting they botched up on imovie08

You've heard? So what. Rather than listen to others, try it for your self and make your own decisions, and arguments for iM08's pros and cons. It has both.

Del

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 2xQuad core 2.8GHZ
You've heard? So what. Rather than listen to others, try it for your self and make your own decisions, and arguments for iM08's pros and cons. It has both.

I did try it for myself and hated it, went back to imoviehd6 but have since bought final cut express

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
alienware,mbp,imac(3),blackjack,Hp running macintosh,
Second!!!

hey guys
i am using 08.... and i am not too happy with it.

i agree with you 08 does not have the same feel as 06 apple really made dramatic jump i wish they would of sticked with the simple design.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.