Mail.app synchronization between MBP and Mac Pro

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.4GHz, 4GB RAM, 7200RPM 200GB
Hi!

Not sure that this is the best place to post this, so please feel free to point me in a better direction if needed.

I have a MBP that I currently use as my "main" computer. I will be getting a Mac Pro within the next month or so, and I am wondering how Mail will work between two computers. Is it possible for Mail to know there are two different clients working on the same e-mails, and synchronize the two?

If I set Mail to "not delete messages from server", this should mean that both computers will get all new mail when they are updated, right? However, if I write a new e-mail on my MBP and send it, will this appear as a "sent mail" item on my Mac Pro?

Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook g4, imac 2ghz c2d, mbp 2.4ghz c2d - 10.5.1
If you are using IMAP as i am (leaves messages on server as well as downloading them to the computer) then if you read one of say the mbp then the mac pro will sync with the server when it next checks your mail.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.