Purchased 1st Macbook

Reaction score
I just purchased my 1st Macbook or should I say that I have made the switch. I really like it so far but I still need to learn a lot with this new OS.

I do have one question regarding Macs and that is, why don't Macs come with antivirus software? Shouldn't I have it on my macbook? If so, where do I go to get it?

How do I know if I have spyware or a virus on my system? I'm a little worried about ordering over the net for the fear that someone might swipe my info.

Thanks for reading.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac intel core duo 2 GHz 160GB HDD
Hi as far as we no macs have no Virus. dont waist your money on buying virus protection software just let apple take care of that in your security up dates. Also in system preferences, Security, Firewall, click "Set access far specific services and applications" then click Advanced then "Enable Stealth Mode" so that makes your mac invisible to the net but when you open a application it will ask you "do you want this program to access the internet" so then you no witch programs do hope this helps.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.