Browser fonts problem?

Reaction score
i have only had my mac for 6 months and its great!!!

but, one day i went to use the internet and the font used in all browsers
had changed to a graffiti looking font that i cannot read! this is really starting to get on my nerves as you could imagine.... it is the same in all browsers, i have tried goig into system preferences b ut cannot seem to sort it out from there.

has anyone else had this problem? is it a bug? any help would be appreciated!

thanx mark.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, 2.2 GHz, 4GB RAM
mark,

Sounds like your font cache has gotten corrupted. Run Onyx or Mainmenu to clean out the caches. You can get Mainmenu here: http://www.santasw.com/

You could also download and run Monolingual to get rid of all non-English languages that you don't use... Could help. Note, if you use Office 2008, it won't update if you have deleted fonts that it uses... Get Monolingual here: http://monolingual.sourceforge.net/

Noel

OP
D
Reaction score
I got main menu and tried cleaning font cache and user cache but the fonts in my browsers are still graffiti style!!!

also excuse my ignorence but what is a cache and what gets cleaned out?

i dunno if anyone has any other ideas? PLEASE!!!

oh and one example is the 'subject' in my mails are normal when new but when clicked turn to the graffiti font...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, 2.2 GHz, 4GB RAM
darkmockeray,

You're welcome!

A cache is a place where things are stored, like caches that hikers may store along a trail for those who follow who may need the supplies in an emergency later on. On a computer it's a folder where files are stored for use by a program. The caches can become corrupted with bad or extraneous files and need to be flushed from time to time to get rid of detritus that cause problems...

I'm sorry Mainmenu didn't help, but set it up in the Mainmenu Preferences to run everything, then every day or two, run the Execute Batch Tasks option. It will keep your computer working well.

About your font problem, try opening your browser's Tools or Options and see if the fonts are set up properly. In Firefox 3 it would be Firefox>Preferences>Fonts>Advanced then check to see if you have "normal" fonts selected. Other browsers can be treated similarly.

Good luck, Noel

OP
D
Reaction score
thanx for the info!

are ther any other tools on mainmenu that might help or any other suggestions anyone?

really runnin out of ideas here!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.