Are there any down sides to a PB?

X

X Im just meE o

Hi,

I've heard that sicne the new PB is made of Aluminum that it can rust, and bend, etc. Is this all true? I've heard the PB is not that good right now..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
X Im just meE o said:
Hi,

I've heard that sicne the new PB is made of Aluminum that it can rust, and bend, etc. Is this all true? I've heard the PB is not that good right now..

Aluminum doesn't rust, but a PowerBook can be dented if you drop it. (Or drop something on it, I suppose....) It doesn't scratch easily, but if it is scratched, the scratches are very visible. The solid-white iBook plastic is easier to scratch, but the scratches are hidden well.

(The old Titanium PowerBooks were painted, and the paint scratched fairly easily.)

If you plan on roughousing with your 'Book, I'd recommend an iBook, but the PB's aren't exactly fragile.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
You have already made threads on this topic why do you keep making threads on the same topic just changing the words?

OP
X

X Im just meE o

If I did, I must have forgotten, why is this such a big problem to you TRP?

OP
S

StealthMode

The only downside I can think of is...it costs more? Thats about it.. Otherwise there is no downside!

OP
X

X Im just meE o

Yea, well Trp, I said I must have forgotten about it. Its not realy a big deal, not one at all. Plus, sorry if it is such a BIG convenience to you. -.-

OP
S

StealthMode

X Im just meE o said:
Yea, well Trp, I said I must have forgotten about it. Its not realy a big deal, not one at all. Plus, sorry if it is such a BIG convenience to you. -.-

I think you mean inconvenience ;)

Reaction score
Um well. It can dent if you smash it, drop it, bang it, put pressure on it. But thats like any other laptop. But it would probably crack and break the screen. So just becarful... Not much of a reply... but hey..

OP
V

ViewSonic

anyone who has a memory that can't remember 10 days ago has some serious problems.

also, how can aluminum rust? i'd like to see a piece of rusted aluminum.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro, 13" MacBook Black, 15" iMac G4, 24" iMac (soon!)
I agree, these duplicate posts are getting old.

And no, PowerBooks don't rust...and no, they aren't crap. I absolutely love mine.

OP
X

X Im just meE o

Ok.....

ViewSonic:
anyone who has a memory that can't remember 10 days ago has some serious problems.

Yes, sorry about that, I did mean to type in "inconvenience". And also, View, my memory is not bad, I'm just overwhelmed with school etc, if I forgot, I forgot. Not really a bad thing, its normal.

PS- I only was asking if it could rust, because people were telling me it could, not exactly on these boards, in chat rooms, etc.

OP
F

frosty

X Im just meE o said:
Yes, sorry about that, I did mean to type in "inconvenience". And also, View, my memory is not bad, I'm just overwhelmed with school etc, if I forgot, I forgot. Not really a bad thing, its normal.

PS- I only was asking if it could rust, because people were telling me it could, not exactly on these boards, in chat rooms, etc.

Corrosion can be a problem with bare raw aluminum when exposed to the elements.
Don't leave a PB out in the rain. I seriously doubt it would be an issue for a laptop.
When you get a PB get one of these.They are great definitely worth the money.

After my initial glitch with apple with my 12"PB the new one I got has been great.

A couple of weeks ago I realized I needed a second laptop so I bought a 14"
I-book. While it lacks the deluxe feel of quality of the PB it is a very fine machine. You can't go wrong with either one.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro, 13" MacBook Black, 15" iMac G4, 24" iMac (soon!)
Echo_ said:
why would you leave ur pb in the rain or water for it to be able to rust ?

*sighs*

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.