Graphics Lagging on new iMac?

Reaction score
Hello everybody,

I'm a recent Mac convert after having spent the last year or so using Linux. I just received my new iMac 24" 3.06 GHz 4 GB nVidia 8800 GS system a couple of days ago. Everything seems to be running fine, except the graphics appear to be lagging inside of the Leopard GUI. Every once in a while if I run my mouse over the dock it will lag for a little bit and then jump with the icon in full view. If I haven't run dashboard in a while it skips a few frames when opening, and it's noticeable when I'm maximizing and minimizing windows. I'm pretty sure I'm not imagining this but is there some utility I could run to check this out and see if everything's okay? Or is this a normal issue?

Thanks,

helixed

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2.5 GHz 2 GB RAM 250 GB HDD NViDA GeForce 8600 GMT
I have a MacBook Pro with Nvida GeForce 8600, i also have a same problem..So i believe, it might be a common issue!

OP
H
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. Does anybody have an 8800 without this problem? I'm trying to figure out if I need to call Apple.

Thanks,

helixed

Reaction score
I also have the same setup, only with 2 GB instead of 4, but even so, i do not experience any lag. I will however, if I have multiple applications running, but currently I have safari, iTunes, Hear, and Adium running and everything is fine

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.