Newbie to MacBook/Mac Forums

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 13" 1.83GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 2gb Ram Running Leapord OS
Not entirely sure where to place this thread so I figured here is as good as any.

First off let me introduce myself. My name is Chris, I'm 17 and I just bought my first Mac.

It's used, but only slightly. The man I bought it from had it for 2 months, used it once, and sold it to me for $700.

I'm definitely hoping to learn more about my new laptop, and learn new things from whoever is willing to shoot me some information!

Reaction score
There is a lot of good info for switchers out there. There is an adjustment period while you learn the Mac. This is a good place to start, of course, and there is also a site called switchingtomac.com, and I have put together some helpful info in the iSwitched link in my sig.

Welcome to the Mac.. and great deal, btw.

OP
C
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
thanks for the welcome!

im not looking for any type of information in particular.

im just really looking to find out all the good stuff i dont know yet.

i wouldnt say i have OS X mastered, but i have a fairly good understanding of it.

ive been tinkering with ways to conserve battery life, and as of now im on the fence as to how much time im getting is exceptional or not up to par.

with it on the battery conserve setting and the brightness turned down, i see about 2:30 on one battery. as of now its at 42% saying i have about 2:11 remaining so im not sure how much im truly getting out of the battery per charge.

so my first big question i suppose is how much battery life should i be expecting?

Reaction score
My MacBook is 3-weeks old and I have the battery on conserve setting and the brightness turned down and I get a good 4:30... Did you calibrate the battery when you first got it?? Charged it all the way up, then ran the battery all the way down... :)

OP
C
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
my macbook was used, but i ran it down when i personally recieved the computer yes, and charged it back up today. i have it on conserve battery, and the brightness down to the lowest practical setting and at 94% right now its estimating a time of... 5:36 so lets see how this goes.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.