Size/Type of drive for XP in Fusion?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15.4 Glossy 2.4GHz Core 2 Duo 2GB RAM 200GB HDD @ 7200rpm
I'm about to install fusion and xp pro in the next day or so and haven't really found a solid answer on the best drive type. I plan on running ofice 2007 and doing my programming (visual studio, text pad, and some others) in windows and I have 186GB free on my hdd so I have room and was thinking 30GB to 40GB would be good for a while...its just the type I'm unsure of. Thanks for any help.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, iPod Classic, 8GB 3G iPhone, Time Capsule
Are you partitioning the drive? I thought unless you wanted to use it via Bootcamp you could just install it as a virtual machine...

Having said that, I've only got Ubuntu and Windows 98 on my machine, might be different with XP.

OP
Hope for Chaos
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15.4 Glossy 2.4GHz Core 2 Duo 2GB RAM 200GB HDD @ 7200rpm
I'm talking about the virtual drive. I'm not so worried about the size as I am the type like dynamic or fixed split sparse....all that.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2.2GHz Santa Rosa Macbook Pro - 4GB Ram - 120GB HD OS X Leopard - Windows XP
I would allocate around 40GB with the option that does not take up all that space at once and rather only uses the space it needs.

However, the decision is completely up to you...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.