USB Micro Card Reader Help

Reaction score
I've now tried 3 USB Micro Memory Card Readers that haven't shown up when I plug them into the USB port on my Powerbook. All claim on the packaging to work with Mac OS X 10.1 and above, and I have 10.3.9. I'm trying to set up to transfer music and images between my computer and blackberry.

I thought at first the problem was with my computer, but I tried the readers on other macs and they didn't show up.

Any thoughts? Have you had success with specific readers?

Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
rMBP 15" / 2.6GHz / 16GB / 512GB
This question might seem a bit dumb and i am sorry about that but still ... do you have a memory card in the reader when testing it ? Are you sure the actual memory card works ?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 21 inch
I have the same problem with one of my memory cards. if I use a USP multi connector the card is not recognized, if i plug in my camera the iMac sees the card just fine.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" PB , 80GB HDD, 1.5Ghz G4, 1.25GB RAM
I bought the 1GB micro SD from newegg. don't know the brand but it came with the TINY reader for around $8.00 (yes eight).

works great on my PB g4 12" (10.4.11) don't know about 10.3.9 though... I thought my OS was dated...

when posting you should also include what computer you are using. If the USB dongle is USB 2.0 only (not likely, but hey---possible) and your mac is only USB 1.1 then no, it will not work. this could be a hardware and not software problem.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.