Camcorder to webcam, possible?

Reaction score
Hey guys - I couldn't find the appropriate group to place this in so I'll ask it here. I have a canon elura 100 camcorder that I would like to use as a webcam since my older G4 didn't come with one. Is this possible or will I have to record my footage first then import it? I think there's 2 firewire connections on the back of the computer.

Thanks in advance!
Wy

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac intel core duo 2 GHz 160GB HDD
Yeah you should be able to use your camcorder as a webcam using the firewire ports on the g4. Your mac should automatically recognize the camcorder if you have QuickTime pro select file. new movie recording then see if it works there but first you need to go in to the prefs then check the the video settings good look.

OP
C
Reaction score
Yeah you should be able to use your camcorder as a webcam using the firewire ports on the g4. Your mac should automatically recognize the camcorder if you have QuickTime pro select file. new movie recording then see if it works there but first you need to go in to the prefs then check the the video settings good look.
Quicktime is on the computer but I don't know if it's the pro version. If it's not, is there another way?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.