Mac HD Icon

B

blackscooby

Hi,

On my desktop I am unable to get the Mac HD icon to stay where I want it. Basically after ever reboot I have to move it back to where I want it to reside.

How can I force it to stay in the location I want (top right) rather than where the system decides it should live ?

Ta

Mark

OP
D

Desolate One

Are you using Jaguar or Panther? As far as Panther goes, mine is always up in the upper right.

By the way, wot year is your Scooby?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
in the findr, click show view option from the view menu, and select something like snap to grid or keep arranged by name, that should do it, if not, repair permissions, zap the pram, and get back to us.

OP
B

blackscooby

Macman ~ spot on. Changed to snap to grip, located the icon and reset. Turned snap to grip off as it moved all the other icons around ! Reset again and the icon is just where I want it (being very picky here !)

Desolate one ~ it was a 1994 (Classic) UK Turbo. Competed in motorsport in it for a couple of years until the running costs got the better of me (hyrid turbo every 6 months), couple of AP Paddle clutches a year..... mind it was running approx 2 bar of boost (28 PSI) ! with crude ALS (Antilag)

Miss it a lot, loved it's sound and the way it went !
Just don't get me started on its gas milage, and the price of gas in the UK :robot:

I know its VERY off topic, but here she is back in 1999 / 2000
http://www.btinternet.com/~blackscooby/History/history.htm

Cheers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
nice car. why dont you want icons in a line or in order, it doesnt matter, but when I see mac desktops full of icons, makes me feel like a mac being treated as a windows machine with all those icons cluyttering up the desk, kinds useless to do that since we have the dock.

OP
B

blackscooby

Icons ~ I have 4 icons nicely rowed up down the right. Before I had 3 down the right and one HD icon floating around looking untidy.

Car ~ thanks. Shame it had to go. Used to have a UR quattro which a great 80's rallying icon, then the Scoob was natural progression !

Sadly now its a Saab ! (mad turbo version obviously). Bit too sensible though.

OP
D

Desolate One

I love the GC8 chassis and wish they had sold them here instead of the 2.2/2.5 litre RS model. Granted a tad more torque but no boost!

So I had to settle for my GGA. Gotta have the room of an estate!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.