IM programs on touch

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPhone X, Watch 3, '18 MBP w/touchbar, '17 iPad Pro 10.5
Hi all, I am considering an ipod touch. Few questions. First off, is the ipod touch internet browser like safari on my macbook, or is is a mobile browser type, like on a cheap cellphone. Basically, can I access all sights on the web with the touch and have them appear the same only smaller as on my macbook, or is it like my sprit phone, and only does certain sights? Second, are there any im programs for the ipod touch, such as yahoo messenger or adium?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook white 160GB. iPod nano... old school one.
Go to the iTunes app store. There is AIM and Twitteriffic. That's all that I know of so far. Both are free.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 1st Gen with upgraded Ram and Hard drive
Yes, the safari browser is like a travel version of Monopoly, all the bits are there, only teeny tiny.

Basically, when you load a page in Safari it is shrunk to the size of the screen. Then when you want to read or look at a specific part of the page, you double tap that part and it zooms into it. You can also pinch in or out of the page like a photograph. All sites work, all links and buttons work.

The only thing that doesn't work is flash. Any flash components are represented by a missing plugin icon.

ipod_touch.1.jpg

I was going to screen grab this post in safari on my touch, but it has deeply used the battery so it will be 10 mins before it can switch on again, but the above picture shows Safari behaving just like on your desktop machine (minus Flash)

Mel

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 1st Gen with upgraded Ram and Hard drive
My iPod kicked in so here's a picture of Safari running in portrait mode showing this very post...

IMG_0011.PNG

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPhone X, Watch 3, '18 MBP w/touchbar, '17 iPad Pro 10.5
awesome, thanks for the info.After reading this I went to the apple website and ordered the 8gb version. Thanks for the info!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Alu 13.3 Inch , 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 duo , 2.2gb 667 DDR2 SDRAM & Ipod Touch 16gb
Still waiting for the Messenger app for the Touch 2.0.. Meebo is lousy..

Reaction score
While I am no expert here, you pretty much got the answer. I have noticed that some websites (ESPN for example) give mobile versions of their "Safari/IE/Firefox desktop partners".

K

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Pwnt
Still waiting for the Messenger app for the Touch 2.0.. Meebo is lousy..

I love meebo. Although at the moment I'm using an app from the app store called palringo which is a multi-platform IM client (msn, yahoo, aim, gtalk, etc all in one). I find it a bit slow to type on though, there's a tiny delay sometimes, which is quite annoying.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.